Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Overcast, Podcast Addict, Pocket Casts, Stitcher, Castbox, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music, or on your favorite podcast platform. You can watch the interview on YouTube here.
- Hollywood life isn’t all glamorous red carpets and spotlights. What does an average working day look like for Terry, and what supplemental duty has he had to push back against?
- A lot of busy people don’t get around to reading one or two books a week, but for Terry, it makes being busy all the more possible.
- What are some realizations about success that have come to Terry while reading Walter Isaacson’s The Code Breaker and watching the Michael Jordan documentary The Last Dance?
- What’s the biggest mistake a lot of people make — in every walk of life — that causes the most amount of unnecessary suffering?
- How did Terry break himself of the habit of “victimology?” What initiated the event his family now refers to as “the D-Day moment,” and why did he carry a lifelong aversion to therapy that could have possibly helped him sooner?
- What you should be prepared to do without if you’re intent on living life as if you’re in a revenge movie, and what Terry did to regain control of his own actions instead of defaulting to chaos.
- Terry shares real-life examples that demonstrated — to his family as well as himself — that he could break destructive, impulsive patterns of behavior in favor of positive, responsible ones.
- How endurance plays into the way Terry demonstrates strength these days compared to how he expressed it in his earlier, more bombastic iteration.
- Why Terry believes the world determines winners way too early — and what we should be doing instead.
- How can competition be the opposite of creativity if resistance is crucial to growth? Terry explains.
- Terry’s thoughts on protest movements that don’t begin with the aim of reconciliation.
- Terry illustrates why he really is a category of one — even when he sometimes lapses in the midst of trying to live his most teachable life.
- Genius words from a (Thelonius) Monk, Terry’s war with cynicism, and other parting thoughts.
Plugs / Artist Plugs / Promotions